DET NORSKE VERITAS
TYPE APPROVAL CERTIFICATE
This Certificate consists of 3 pages
This is to certify that the
with type designation(s)
National Oilwell Varco
is found to comply with
Det Norske Veritas AS' Offshore Standard DNV-OS-E101 "Drilling Plant", October 2009
and Det Norske Veritas AS' understanding of the implementation and interpretation of:
PSA's "Regulations relating to design and outfitting of the facilities etc. in the petroleum activities" (the facilities regulations). Last amended December 2007. Chapter IV
Place and date
This Certificate is valid until
for Det Norske Veritas AS
Axel Stang Lund
Head of Section
Det Norske Veritas AS' Standard for Certification No. 2.22 Lifting Appliances Oct. 2008
VarcoBJ 4-Way Lifting Sling, Part no. 200982-1, 6 short tons.
Maximum load rating: 6 short tons (53.4 kN)
Minimum design temperature: -20_C (-4_F)
Type Approval documentation
Other conditions and comments
- Tolerance of length of multilegged sling assemblies are to be carried out in compliance with a recognized standard, e.g. ISO 7531:1987.
- Each product is to be surveyed during fabrication in accordance with the requirements for equipment of Category I as defined in DNV-OS-E101 Drilling Plant, followed by issuance of Product Certificate Form No. 20.92a. Fabrication records are to be maintained in accordance with DNV-OS-E101 Ch.3, Sec.3, B102.
- This document may be used as part of the documentation required to comply with European Union (EU) Directives referenced in PSA's Acts, regulations, and provisions for the petroleum activities. It should however be noted that the scope covered by this document does not necessarily cover all aspects required to issue the EU Declaration of Conformity and to affix the CE-mark. It is the manufacturer's/operator's responsibility to ensure compliance with relevant EU Directives.
- The notes on drawing 200982-1 must be followed.
Each assembly is to be proof load tested with a test load not less than 2 times SWL in accordance with DNV AS' Standard for Certification of Lifting Appliances Ch. 2 Sec.7 B.
Marking of product
For traceability and compliance with DNV AS' Standard for Certification of Lifting Appliances Ch.2 Sec.7 D "Marking and Signboards," the following marking is to be carried out on each product:
- Safe Working Load
- Identification number
- Certifying authorities' stamp
Certificate retention survey
For retention of the Type Approval, Det Norske Veritas AS' representative shall carry out biennial Product Audits.
This certificate replaces Type Approval Certificate No. D-2788.
END OF CERTIFICATE
Notice: This Certificate is subject to terms and conditions overleaf. Any significant change in design or construction may render this Certificate invalid.
If any person suffers loss or damage which is proved to have been caused by any negligent act or omission of Det Norske Veritas, then Det Norske Veritas shall pay compensation to such person for his proved direct loss or damage. However, the compensation shall not exceed an amount equal to ten times the fee charged for the service in question, provided that the maximum compensation shall never exceed USD 2 million.In this provision "Det Norske Veritas" shall mean the Foundation Det Norske Veritas as well as all its subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents and any other acting on behalf of Det Norske Veritas.
DET NORSKE VERITAS AS · VERITASVEIEN 1, 1322 HØVIK, NORWAY · TEL: (+47) 67 57 99 00 · FAX: (+47) 67 57 99 11